How can I donate to the foundation?
To make a donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the strategic intent of the Booz Allen Foundation?
The strategic intent of the Booz Allen Foundation is to convene stakeholders to use innovation and technology advancements to help solve challenging social issues and build community resilience from the ground up. The Foundation is uniquely positioned to serve as a convener, uniting collaborators from private, public, academic, and social sectors to help address challenging issues.
The Foundation aims to deliver lasting solutions to complex problems and pave the way for sustainable change.
What are the Foundation’s areas of focus?
The Foundation’s primary focus areas are enhancements to global health, support for veterans and military families, and assistance for youth and education programs. Additionally, the Foundation will consider opportunities to provide relief in the recovery from declared disasters.
What is the structure of the Foundation?
The Booz Allen Foundation is a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation that is classified as a public charity and exempt from federal income tax under IRS Code Sections 501(c)(3) 509(a)(1). The Foundation received its 501(c)(3) designation by the IRS in 2017.
What is the Booz Allen Foundation’s relationship to Booz Allen Hamilton?
The Booz Allen Foundation is dedicated to empowering human potential and driving social impact in a spirit of passionate service. A commitment to empowering people to change the world has been at the heart of Booz Allen Hamilton throughout its 100+ year corporate history. The Foundation looks to build upon the firm’s commitment to service and serve as a strong complement to the firm’s ongoing corporate social responsibility activities.
The Booz Allen Foundation is a separate legal entity from Booz Allen Hamilton. The Booz Allen Foundation and Booz Allen Hamilton have separate boards and separate governance. The Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) public charity. Initial funding for the Foundation was donated by Booz Allen Hamilton. The Foundation seeks further support from diverse public sources.
How do the activities of the Foundation align with the corporate philanthropy work of Booz Allen Hamilton?
The Booz Allen Foundation, an independent 501(c)(3) public charity, complements the firm’s ongoing corporate philanthropy. Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. maintains a team of corporate citizenship and corporate philanthropy professionals that aligns firm resources against its social impact goals and pillars and pursues opportunities to integrate social good with business priorities. Booz Allen Hamilton engages its employees through community investments, social ventures, pro bono consulting, strategic partnerships with non-government organizations, thought leadership, and volunteerism to meet the firm’s overall corporate citizenship goals. The Booz Allen Foundation shares the firm’s commitment to empowering people to change the world.
What does the Foundation look for when choosing opportunities for engagement and/or grant making?
Alignment with one or more of the Foundation’s mission areas
- Alignment with the Foundation’s commitment to building community resilience
- Opportunity for the Foundation to leverage its role as a “convener” and move the issue forward
- Opportunity for the Foundation to leverage its access to research, technology, and innovation resources that can help identify the underlying drivers of existing problems
- Commitment to measurement and evaluation
What types of organizations does the Foundation support or seek to work with?
- Organizations, including for-profit, not-for-profit, and academic institutions, whose ideals and principles align with those of the Foundation, such as:
- Public charities (recognized by the IRS) that affirm they have nondiscriminatory policies and/or practices
- Secular programs led by religious organizations that maintain public charity status (recognized by the IRS) and affirm they have nondiscriminatory policies and/or practices
- Accredited schools included in the National Center for Education Statistics database
- Organizations that can affirm they do not discriminate, via policy or in practice, on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law
Are there geographic limitations on where the Foundation works?
The Foundation intends to operate in the United States but may provide grants to support organizations or activities outside the United States, in compliance with applicable law.
Are there restrictions on the types of organizations or activities the Foundation will support or seek to work with?
The Booz Allen Foundation will not provide funding or work with:
- Political causes, candidates, campaigns, or political activities conducted by political organizations
- Lobbying organizations
- Religious activities conducted by religious organizations not of direct benefit to the entire community
- Nonprofit organizations that are not recognized by the IRS as public charities
- Organizations listed on governmental anti-terrorism, sanctions, or other watchlists
- Fundraising events or galas, including table sponsorships, athletic events, competitions, or tournaments unless directly connected to a program activity with which the Foundation is engaged
The final decision on funding is at the sole and exclusive discretion of the Foundation and its Board of Directors.
How much money will the Foundation distribute through grants and investments each year?
There is no pre-set amount. The grants and investments to be provided by the Foundation each year will be determined by the Foundation’s Board of Directors, in alignment with the Foundation’s strategy.
Does the Foundation sponsor fundraising events, galas, or sporting activities?
The Booz Allen Foundation is not able to sponsor fundraising events, galas, sporting activities, or athletic teams. The Foundation does not accept unsolicited inquiries related to sponsorships. The Foundation may, however, sponsor symposia, educational programs, or other events that support the Foundation’s mission areas and activities. The final decision on funding is at the sole and exclusive discretion of the Foundation and its Board of Directors.
Does the Foundation support internationally based organizations or internationally facing activities?
The Foundation may support international organizations or activities that promote the Foundation’s mission areas, in each case in compliance with applicable law.
Any additional considerations?
The decision to work with and/or provide funding for a specific activity or organization is at the sole and exclusive discretion of the Booz Allen Foundation, and may be provided or denied for any reason whatsoever. In no event will the Foundation be responsible to any applicant for the cost of preparing or submitting a request for support. Applicants and awardees may not use the Foundation’s name, logo, or other marks except as expressly authorized by the Foundation in writing.
Is the Foundation hiring?
As the Foundation builds out its programmatic initiatives and refines its processes and infrastructure, the Foundation’s staffing needs will be determined. At such time, information on job opportunities will be posted on the Foundation’s website at https://boozallenfoundation.org.
Are there opportunities to volunteer with the Foundation?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Foundation. As the need for volunteers arises, we will include information on our website at https://boozallenfoundation.org.
How do I contact the Foundation staff?
To contact the Foundation staff, please send an email to our general mailbox at email@example.com. We will respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
How will the Foundation use information it receives?